I'm writing about facets of my personality that control my life, by portraying them as superhuman abilities. In each sketch I will have a different ability. okay so time out There will be no masks or capes or special effects of any kind in the videos; the videos will be based not on the poems themselves but on the facets of my personality each poem describes. Okay so a quick rundown of the abilities I'm starting to settle on:
- my power is to freeze myself at will for extended durations of time; I use it to make as small an impact on the world as superhumanly possible
- i am a weeping, sorry sack of shit existing in a quantum superposition across the fifth dimension. at every choice or fork in my timeline I diverge and physically take both paths. therefore I live in the company of innumerable doppelgangers, many of whom are living happier, more successful lives.
- my power is to speak faster than the speed of sound; I gesture with passion, but am rarely understood
- shot/edited one sketch. quality be damned.
- draft of poem for the same sketch. if I have a final copy done I buy myself a steak.
- shot/edited another sketch. again, quality can and will bite it.
- finalized poem from 4/14.
- test recordings of finalized poem.
- super rough drafts of two new poems.
- shot/edited another sketch.
- polished my favorite of the previous sketches.
- PRESENT: All three current sketches, subtitled, with poetry performed live.
- polish all existing work.
- depending on time outlook/necessity: shoot/edit another sketch, draft a poem.
- everything is done
- PRESENT: Three/four polished sketches, subtitled, with poetry performed live.
- get drunk
- doubt everything I have already done, get ulcers
- there had better be an open bar
- i'm serious